Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Others.

I have been scrounging for fuel and food for a little over a week since my last post. I have had to go further and further each time. It has taken me into nearby neighborhoods. But last night I found another survivor during my search! She was in a camping store that I was scouring for useful items. I came around the end of an aisle and there she was...with her shotgun aimed at my head! "Not dead!" was all I could think to say. It worked. She slowly lowered her gun and asked me my name. Her name is Jan. She lives not far from the store where we were. She would not give me an exact address. I can't say that our meeting sparked an instant friendship. She was very cautious the whole time. I asked her how long it had been since she had seen a soldier. She said two weeks. So it appears they have left the city. If things continue I will have to try and make it out of the city to see if this has spread further. She gathered some things and began to leave. She refused to come with me or let me go with her but I did get her to agree to meet at that store again in two days. Our meeting is scheduled for noon. I hope to exchange information about what is happening with her. See if she knows anything I do not. I am very anxious about it. I didn't not realize how much I missed other people. We'll see what happens. Until then good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Thank god you're alive! I was worried, as it had been weeks since your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making due. It is tough getting supplies. Water and food are top. Fuel for my generator is secondary so I am not posting as much.

    ReplyDelete